Do teachers give too much homework?

Personally, I believe teachers give too much homework. I also believe that teachers plan their assignments to give them at the same time as other teachers to see if students will be able to delegate it all. This is easy for some, but some students have anxiety and trouble at home. Therefore, they can be really smart students but once they get home they can not get anything done which will make their grades tank. Children are no longer allowed to be children, and instructors should stop assigning schoolwork entirely. We’re attempting to transform them into grownups ahead of schedule. I feel that lockers and book bags should be phased out and that if a hard copy book is required, it could be shared by the class or purchased digitally. There should be no more book or charge costs, and all homework should be completed at school so that teachers may assist kids who require assistance. There are far too many parents who have no idea how to help their children with their schoolwork at home. Every door should have a metal detector that enables everyone inside the school. That way, we’ll be able to keep our kids.

Statistics demonstrate that too much homework can be harmful to students’ health, causing them to become anxious and burnt out. Most teachers assign roughly 1-2 pages of homework, which may not appear to be much at first, but when added together, it can easily overwhelm a student. I interviewed Kayla Reddy. She is a freshman in high school, she stated “I feel that how much homework the teachers give is depending on the subject, in most classes I have 30 minutes of homework per class which adds up a lot if I have five classes of homework.“ Countries Who Spend the Most Time Doing Homework - WorldAtlasMeaning that teachers are unaware that while they may give us a small amount of homework, it is not a small amount since it all adds up. After ten minutes of class for one class and four more classes, you are now sitting for forty minutes doing homework after a long eight hours of school. This is exhausting for youngsters, as most sports occur immediately after school, and they also have a job or responsibilities at home to attend to. As a result, the student’s days become long and stressful, and they wind up completing half-assed homework and not truly attempting to complete it because of their long day. I also interviewed my friend Kaitlyn Boyle. She is a senior in high school. It’s not fair when teachers give too much homework because they forget to realize we have like five other classes with just too much work. So many kids have jobs ad sports after school and It’s not easy to balance it all so it leads to stress.“ For the past two years, my buddy Kaitlyn has worked as a waitress at Relish. This is particularly tough when a large amount of work is assigned owing to her lack of time, and I am certain that other students, like Kaitlyn, have full-time employment.

If you ask nearly any child about homework, they will tell you that they dislike it because it takes up their time or because they already have work to do at school, so why should they do extra at home? However, some children enjoy homework since it allows them to learn more about a subject; however, even children who enjoy homework recognize when it is excessive. Because most students have more than one teacher, a teacher should not hand out an excessive amount of homework. And most kids have responsibilities at home and must put off school work until later, which exhausts pupils because they work all day at school, then some more at home, before having to do schoolwork at home. “I think they need to communicate more on what homework they’re giving and their deadlines so students can focus on doing a good job on the work instead of just getting it done the homework been too much,” said Anonymous. Many students moan about how much homework they usually have, but teachers often tell them that they are exaggerating and that they should simply get on with it.

Every night, students are given a large amount of homework, and the majority of them must balance their schoolwork with their extracurricular activities. Teachers, according to the majority of students, assign much too much homework. According to Jackie Cronin, “They give way too much and I have no time after sports and having dinner and showering and being tried because we have to wake up at 6:30 am.“ Participating in these activities adds to the stress of completing their assignments. Excessive homework has been linked to high-stress levels, a lack of balance in children’s lives, and physical health issues such as ulcers, migraines, sleep deprivation, and weight loss. When kids return home from practice or games late at night, they still have all of their schoolwork to complete before going to bed, and many may stay up late attempting to complete it all. Luke Augeri states, “I think too much homework we should not have because people spend 7 hours in school already and shouldn’t have to do more at home. And people have sports and other activities.“ Another sign that pupils have too much homework is that they never have time to rest. When they arrive home, they spend hours doing schoolwork. Students should devote 10 minutes per grade level to homework each night. That amounts to 10 minutes of homework in first grade, 20 minutes in second grade, and 120 minutes of homework in the final year of high school. Despite the fact that this is what is meant to happen, studies reveal that students work on assignments far longer than they should, leaving them with no free time. Students labor on schoolwork from the time they arrive home until they retire to bed, leaving little time for other activities.