Alexa Fastag’s Senior Reflection

Alexa Fastags Senior Reflection

I started out at Bretton Woods Elementary school. I remember orientation when we went on a little bus ride. You could see all the parents standing outside of the bus watching their 5 and 6-year -olds on a bus for the first time. It was the start of everyone’s future. From elementary to middle school and now high school, it has definitely been a long journey. I have made many friends throughout the 13 years of being in this district. Many memories have been made throughout every building I’ve attended and bonds made with teachers. Hauppauge has definitely made an imprint on my heart. This district does so much for its students; it certainly was a blessing. It hasn’t been a breeze, that’s for sure. It has been really hard at times; whether that being school work being hard, or friendships ending, I’ve held myself together through all of it. Starting high school was definitely a big transition for me. Transitions and change have always been hard. The transition from middle school to high school was very hard for me. Teachers don’t baby you as much. You have to stay on top of your work, or you’ll fall behind. Other than that, you should be okay. I’ve done many school activities, including Varsity Gymnastics, Diving, and two musicals (Footloose and Grease). It’s a positive experience to join a sport or a club when you come into high school to have more memorable experiences and to make more friends. There’s many options to choose from too. They have something for everyone. I would say for anyone coming up to the high school to get involved in a sport, a club, anything really. You will get through it; it’s only 4 years. It feels like yesterday when I was in 9th grade, and now I only have a month left of school. Don’t take anything for granted, because you won’t see many of these people anymore after high school when you go off to college. It was a scary process applying to colleges but it’s a new starting point to your real life. You can do it, I promise! 

By: Alexa Fastag